Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Introduction
(1) The Service Design Network (hereinafter referred to as “SDN”) welcomes all service design professionals to take part in the courses offered by the Service Design Network Academy (hereinafter referred to as “SDNA”).
(2) Consider that by booking your participation in the SDNA, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as “T&C”).
§ 2 Scope of applicability
(1) The following conditions of ticketing govern the sale of our course-tickets to you.
(2) Please read through our conditions carefully before you place an order on this website.
(3) We may change these terms and conditions at any time without your notice by updating this content and if you continue to access or use this website we will consider that you have accepted any changes.
§ 3 Conclusion of Contract and Delivery
(1) Regarding our ticket-buying-process we make use of our cooperation-partner Thinkific. Thinkific is a on-demand booking service provider processing our whole booking process.
(2) After filling in the invitee information on this secured website you need to give us further registration information. You have to insert all required information to proceed with your booking. Please make sure that this information is valid and true. SDN reserves the right to refuse your admittance in case of false information. Having read through and confirming our T&C you can choose your way of payment.
(3) The ticket-offers presented on our website are made without obligation, and are not offers within the meaning of the law. If customers wish to acquire a ticket for the selected event, they must initiate the ticket-buying-process by entering the invitee information.
(4) By clicking the “Buy Now”-button you send us a legally binding offer to buy the chosen ticket from us.
(5) By sending you our confirmation e-mail we accept your offer to buy. This e-mail especially contains a summary of your registration information as well as your ticket confirmation. Please check the listed information and use the provided link which you can find beneath your registration information within the confirmation Email for amendments.
(6) The offered price for the online-ticket is the final price including VAT.
§ 4 Payment
(1) To complete your registration and the ticket-buying-process you have the option to choose between different payment methods: credit or debit card, PayPal, SEPA Direct Debit or Sofort.
§ 5 SDNA related communications
(2) Your e-mail address is only used in order to provide you information related to SDNA. Your denoted name and any additional information you provide during registration (e.g. country) might be used in order to personalize the e-mail.
(3) We will not share your information with any third party, with the exception of our ticketing-ordering and payment service provider Eventbrite.
(4) We only use your personal data to organize and perform this event. If you have any queries about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 6 Cancellation policy
If you are a consumer you have a right to cancel your order basically in reference to §§ 312g, 355 of the German Civil Code (BGB). Considering contracts which involve ticket orders any right of consumers to cancel may lapse prematurely. In accordance with § 312g II sentence 1 No. 9 BGB there is no right of cancellation your ticket order. Once you bought a ticket, you are obliged to pay for it.
§ 7 Refund Policy
(1) In terms you are unable to attend, it is necessary to contact us and inform our employees about these circumstances by no later than 30 days prior to the official start of the event.
(2) A cancellation fee of 70 % of the paid ticket price will apply.
(3) In terms you contact us and inform our employees about these circumstances less than 30 days prior to the official start of the event, no refund will be payable. Please consider that you may have the option to transfer your ticket to a third-party (read below § 8).
(3) No refunds will be given to you if you fail to attend our event for whatever reason regardless to (1).
§ 8 Right to transfer the Ticket
(1) Up to one week prior to the official start of the event you may transfer your ticket to a third party.
(2) In order to transfer your ticket please send us an email on containing your ticket and personal details and personal details of the third party you wish to transfer you ticket to.
(3) The third party will be informed via email about this change.
(4) The third party must have the same status as you do and hypothetically must be able to choose the same type of ticket if he wanted to buy a ticket himself. For example a member-ticket can only be transferred to another SDN member.
§ 9 Collection and Sharing of attendee list
(1) We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research only relating to this event.
(2) Please note, our service provider Thinkific manages ticket-ordering and -payment process. We only use your personal data to organize and perform this event.
§ 10 Liability
(1) To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility for any loss, which may arise from reliance on information contained in this website or other sites, which may be linked to our site from time to time.
(2) We will perform any services with reasonable skill and care.
(3) Liability for claims of damages for contractual, quasi-contractual, tortious or other legal grounds is excluded.
(4) The above exclusions and limitations of liability will also apply in favour of our employees, agents and servants and other third parties used by us in the performance of the contract.
(5) Limitation of liability does not apply in case life, body or health is harmed or if harm is due to willful misconduct or grossly negligence or if the breach is due to non-fullfilment of an essential cardinal obligation; it will not apply if we have given a guarantee; nor will it apply for damages which are to be compensated under the German Product Liability Act (Produkthaftungsgesetz). In the above matters, liability is unlimited. This applies for direct damages as well as for indirect damages.
(6) Furthermore other mandatory legal claims on liability remain unaffected.
§ 11 Change of the Programme / Cancellation of Event
(1) We reserve the right to make changes to the programme of the event.
(2) In case of cancellation or postponement (in time and place), we will inform you by sending an e-mail to the address that you shared with us in your invitee information at any time prior to the date of the event. In these cases you will be entitled to withdraw from the contract.
(3) SDN reserves the right to cancel, suspend or vary the operation of our obligations to you if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) fire, flood, storms, plant breakdowns, strikes, lock outs, riot, hostilities, non-availability of material or suppliers or any event outside of SDN’s control. We shall not be held liable or cover your expenses for any breach of contract or tort resulting from such an event.
§ 12 Filming and Sound Recording
(1) We reserve the right to film, record or photograph at the event for marketing purposes. By attending our conference you agree to be filmed, recorded and/or photographed. Furthermore you agree to the use of videos, recordings or images, in which you may be heard or seen. In addition you give us permission to share and store these contents on third-party platforms. If you do not want to be portrayed, please inform the photographer at the event.
(2) It is prohibited to make videos on our event.
(3) You may take photos for your personal use only. Commercial use is only allowed with written prior permission by our authorized person.
§ 13 Data Protection
(1) We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research only relating to this event. In order to do this we may share your information with our business partners. Your contact information may be shared with other attendees of the conference for networking purposes through the app.
(2) Please consider that Thinkific provides you with the whole ticket-ordering and -payment process. Additionally, consider that RV Technologies manages your contact information. We only use your personal data to organize and perform this event. If you have any queries about this, please contact us at email@example.com.
§ 14 General Notices
(1) All contracts are governed by German law to the exclusion of the UN-Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
(3) This choice of law only applies to consumer only to the extent that the protection granted by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country of the consumer’s usual residence is not deprived.
(4) In case the member is a merchant, the exclusive (and international) court of jurisdiction for all disputes resulting directly or indirectly from the contractual relationship is Cologne. In the case of cross-border contracts, this also applies for non-merchants. SDN reserves the right to call on any other internationally responsible court. This also applies to you – not being a consumer – not having your place of general jurisdiction in Germany or the EU or in case that your residence or habitual abode is unknown by the time a lawsuit is filed.
(5) Your conflicting or supplementary general terms and conditions will not form a component of the contract.
(6) If any of these terms is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
(7) With the beginning of 2016 the European Commission provides consumers a Link to the platform of the European Commission – an European Online Dispute Resolution platform. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries relating to these T&Cs´ should be directed to the above e-mail address.